- 1 can (15 ounce) white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons organic butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock + extra
- 1/4 yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1 medium carrot, washed, trimmed, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 celery stalk, washed, trimmed, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium white potato, washed, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup string beans, washed, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 red pepper, washed, cored, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 broccoli floret, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pastry sheet, room temperature and brushed lightly with butter
sea salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees.
- Place white beans and rosemary into a food processor with vegetable stock. Purée until smooth and creamy. Add additional vegetable stock to thin if desired. This white bean purée will be your “gravy.” Set aside.
- Heat butter in a large saucepan. Cook onion, carrot and celery in butter for 3 to 5 minutes stirring frequently. Add potato, beans, bell pepper and broccoli. Sauté until vegetables are just slightly cooked and the edges are slightly brown. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the roasted vegetables between four small bowls. Pour white bean and rosemary gravy evenly between the bowls.
- Take the pastry sheet and lay half of the sheet across each of the veggie bowls. Seal and tuck the edges.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the crust is brown.
Serves 4 (at 500 calories each)