Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1-1/2 lbs salmon filet cut into 4 pieces, skin and bones removed
- 1 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 1 medium garlic clove, pressed
- 1 TBS Dijon mustard
- 2 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp chopped fresh dill
- salt and white pepper to taste
- Preheat broiler on high and place an all stainless steel skillet (be sure the handle is also stainless steel) or cast iron pan under the heat for about 10 minutes to get it very hot. The pan should be 5 to 7 inches from the heat source.
- Press garlic and let it sit for at least 5 minutes to bring out its health-promoting properties.
- Rub salmon with 1 TBS fresh lemon juice, salt and pepper. (You can Quick Broil with the skin on; it just takes a minute or two longer. The skin will peel right off after cooking.)
- Using a hot pad, pull pan away from heat and place salmon on hot pan. Return to broiler. Keep in mind that it is cooking rapidly on both sides so it will be done very quickly (7 minutes per inch of thickness). Test with a fork for doneness. It will flake easily when it is cooked. Salmon is best when it is still pink inside.
- To make the sauce, add garlic to a stainless steel skillet and stir for half a minute. Add mustard, lemon juice, broth, honey, salt and pepper. Cook on high heat for a minute to reduce slightly and then add dill. Pour over salmon and serve.