The chicken and asparagus combination in this recipe is a wonderful addition to your Healthiest Way of Eating. It not only tastes great but contains just 275 calories!
Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 medium onion, cut in half and sliced medium thick
- 1 medium clove garlic, pressed
- 1 TBS chicken broth
- 1 TBS minced fresh ginger
- 1 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 2 cups when cut)
- 2 TBS soy sauce
- 1 TBS rice vinegar
- pinch red chili flakes
- salt and white pepper to taste
- Cut onion and mince garlic and let both sit for at least 5 minutes to bring out their hidden health benefits.
- Heat 1 TBS broth in a 12-inch stainless steel skillet. Sauté onion in broth for about 2 minutes over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- Add ginger, garlic, chicken, and continue to sauté for another 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add asparagus, soy sauce, vinegar, and red chili flakes. Stir together and cover. Cook for another 2-3 minutes. This may have to cook for an extra couple minutes if the asparagus is thick. Season with salt and pepper to taste.