Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1-1/2 lbs. cod, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 1 TBS + 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 medium sized onion, cut in half and sliced medium thick
- 1 large carrot, turned into 11 2-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 cups cauliflower florets, cut into quarters
- 1 medium sized fennel bulb, sliced medium thick
- Garlic to taste preference
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Chopped fennel green tops for garnish
- Slice onion and chop garlic and let sit for at least 5 minutes to bring out their hidden health-promoting properties.
- Rub cod with lemon juice and season with a little salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat 1 TBS broth in a 12 inch stainless steel skillet. Healthy Sauté onion in broth over medium heat for 5 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add rest of broth and carrots. Simmer on medium heat for about 10 minutes covered.
- Add cauliflower, fennel, and garlic. Place cod on top and continue to cook covered for about 6 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve cod with vegetables and broth. Sprinkle with chopped fennel greens.