Prep and Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 2 TBS minced onion
- 3 medium cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 cups fresh green beans cut into 1-inch lengths
- 2 cups or 1 15 oz can (BPA-free) lima beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups or 1 15 oz can (BPA-free) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large ripe fresh tomato, chopped
- 2 TBS chopped fresh basil (or 2 tsp dried basil)
- 1 TBS chopped fresh oregano (or 1 tsp dried oregano)
- 1 TBS chopped fresh parsley (or 1 tsp dried parsley)
- 3 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 2-3 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Mince onion and press garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to bring out its health-promoting benefits.
- Fill the bottom of a steamer with 2 inches of water.
- While steam is building up in steamer cut green beans.
- Steam for 5 minutes. A fork should pierce them easily when they are done.
- Drain and rinse canned beans. Let beans sit in colander for another couple of minutes to drain excess water.
- Mix all ingredients together. If you have the time, let it marinate for at least 15 minutes. It can keep in the refrigerator for a few days. Keep on hand for a quick meal.