Cranberry and Fresh Pear Compote
Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 medium orange*
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 ripe pear (Bosc or other firm variety)
- 1/4 cup + 2 TBS walnuts
*Because the recipe calls for orange zest we recommend using an organic orange
- Grate enough orange rind to make 1 tsp zest and place in a mixing bowl.
- Cut the orange in half and juice both halves into the same bowl as the rind.
- Add the cranberries and honey. Mix until the honey is dissolved. Let sit for 1/2 hour to allow cranberries to soften.
- After the cranberries have softened, cut the pear into 1/4-inch cubes and add to the bowl.
- Add 1/4 cup walnuts.
- Divide the mixture into 2 dessert dishes and sprinkle each with 1 TBS of the chopped walnuts.