Prep and Cook Time: approximately 1 hour
- 2 pints fresh blueberries
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 TBS maple syrup or to taste
- pinch of sea salt
- 1-1/2 tsp almond extract
- Blend all ingredients except blueberries in a blender on high speed until smooth (2-3 minutes).
- Add additional water in small amounts to create desired consistency.
- Divide blueberries into two bowls.
- Pour as much of the sauce as desired over blueberries and chill for 1 hour before serving. Sauce yields about 1 to 1-1/2 cups. (Profile is based on using all of the sauce.)