Prep and Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 2 small apples
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- 1 TBS apple juice
- 4 dried figs (or fresh when in season)
- 4 TBS chopped almonds
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest (*Use organic lemon for zest, if possible)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of cloves
- pinch of allspice
- 2 tsp honey
- Cut apples into quarters. Cut out core and slice fruit into 1/4-inch thick slices. Turn apples and cut across slices for diced apples. In a mixing bowl, toss with lemon and apple juice.
- Cut the stems off of the figs. Cut figs into quarters and chop to produce pieces 1/4-inch or less. Add to the apples.
- Add the remaining ingredients and toss until well combined. For best nutrition, eat immediately. If you prefer it chilled, cover well and place in the refrigerator for up to 8 hours.